Login does not work, does not redirect to FeedbackPanda
If you are experiencing this problem, here are the steps to set-up cookies for Google Chrome, Safari on iOS, Safari on a Mac, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
In some instances, Google Chrome users may experience issues logging into FeedbackPanda when they use email/password for authentication. After entering their password, they see only a white / blank screen instead of loading the FeedbackPanda dashboard.
In that case, the following steps have helped to remedy the situation:
- Make sure to refresh your browser page, using Cmd-Shift-R (Mac) or Ctrl-Shift-R (Windows). That will pull in a fresh version of FeedbackPanda, which sometimes may resolve the issue.
- If logging in still does not work, your third party cookies may be blocked. Here is a support article showing how to enable them: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-enable-3rd-party-cookies-in-google-chrome-browser/. We need those cookies working for our login system to securely authenticate you. If you follow the directions in the link, I think you may find that you have 3rd party cookies blocked. Re-enable them please. Then attempt logging in again.
- If you don't want to enable all third-party cookies, please go to
chrome://settings/content/cookiesin your URL bar and add the following two URLs to your "allowed" section:
https://[*.]feedbackpanda.com:443. Then refresh the login page and please try again.
- If all of this fails, please reach out to us.
Here is how the settings page should look like after making these changes:
iPhone and iPad default cookies settings are set to Allow from Websites I Visit, which prevents third-party cookies from being saved on your system. To enable third-party cookies:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings.
- Select Safari.
- Under Privacy & Security, select Block Cookies.
- You will be redirected to a list of options. Select Always Allow.
- You may need to restart Safari for the new settings to take effect.
Safari on Mac
Safari default cookies setting does not allow third-party cookies to be saved on your system. To enable third-party cookies:
- From the Safari menu, click Preferences.
- Select the Privacy tab from the top of the dialog box
- Please make sure Prevent cross-site tracking and Block all cookies are unchecked
- If you are using an older version of Safari, the options will be as follows: change the settings for Block cookies and other website data: to Never and save the changes
- Once this has been done, close the Privacy window, quit out of the Safari app, and re-open it for the new settings to take effect
By default, Firefox privacy settings are set to Remember history, which allows 3rd party cookies. If you changed the default settings to either Never remember history or Use custom settings for history, you will need to revert to enabling all cookies by following the below steps:
- Click Tools.
- Click Options.
- Click on the Privacy icon.
- In the History section, select either Remember history or Use custom settings for history.
- If selecting Use custom settings for history, check Accept cookies from sites and select Always in the drop-down menu.
- Click OK – you may need to restart Firefox for the changes to take effect.
Internet Explorer allows 3rd party cookies by default. If you changed the default settings, you will need to revert to enabling all cookies by following the below steps:
- Click the Explorer settings icon in the upper-right corner of the browser .
- Click Internet Options.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Slide the bar down to Medium in the Settings section
- Click OK – you may need to restart Explorer for the changes to take effect.